Thumbtack is a modern home management platform that helps homeowners stay up to date on routine maintenance while also connecting them with local service providers who can support them with home care. The company was recently acknowledged as one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Tech and overall for Small/Medium Companies. In this episode of Ventured Growth, Catherine speaks with Marco Zappacosta, co-founder and CEO of Thumbtack. Marco has been recognized on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 and has been featured in stories in the New York Times, Fortune, the Wall Street Journal, and CNBC.
In this episode, Catherine and Marco talk about getting Thumbtack off the ground, determining what investors are looking for, moments of great progress amongst great challenges, transitioning to a fully remote workplace, identifying and assessing talent, and much more.
- Timing around raising capital
- Prioritizing healthy & profitable growth
- Driving liquidity in the marketplace
- Reaching your first customers
- Systematizing availability
- Making radical adjustments to ensure viability during COVID-19
- Change in investor climate
- Creating a more equitable workplace through remote work
- Scaling effectively in a virtual context
- Questions for interviewing candidates
- And more…
Marco Zappacosta is the co-founder and CEO of Thumbtack, the technology leader building the modern home management platform. Thumbtack empowers homeowners to instantly book skilled professionals and supports hundreds of thousands of small businesses to grow sustainably. The company has raised more than $500 million and was recently acknowledged as one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Tech and overall for Small/Medium Companies.